Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Comments for Kids Summary

Working on the comments for kids from schools around the world was so much fun! I think its great that students from our class are helping encourage young students in their posting blogs and making videos. They are learning to use technology at such a young age and it's really cool that they'll be able to look back at what they did when they were so young. By then, hopefully, they'll be even more technologically literate.

My
6/22/10

Quasia's Volcano Animation

Hi, Quasia! I liked your animation about volcanoes a lot! It looks like fun to make an animation. Now that I've watched yours, I want to learn how to do one too.

From, Tyler

6/22/10

Ms. McGeady's Reading Day Post

Hi! My name is Tyler and I am a student at the University of South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I love reading books and going to the library.

I’m definitely going to use this idea in my classroom one day. I think making reading fun is something teachers should concentrate more on. It looks like the students in your class really enjoyed your 2KM Reading Day.

I also liked how you added activities that weren’t completely focused on reading. What were the student’s favorite parts of Reading Day?

July 7th, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Mr. McClung, I read your blog as an assignment for Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I really liked reading about your salt dough project. Thanks for including the instructions so I can do something like this with my class one day when I’m a teacher. Have you ever tried putting food coloring in the dough? It would probably be messier but the maps would look cool. Maybe the students could wear gloves so their hands wouldn’t be colored.

I also liked how you made videos of your students explaining what they were making. It was neat to hear John and Jake tell you about their project.

You can find my blog here .

Thanks for sharing! -Tyler Tuveson

7/15/10

Hi, Cinema Owls! I'm a student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. This is a wonderful PSA. I love the message that you sent. Anyone you know could need blood at some point. Your video looks great and very professional. I hope the students involved have continued to make videos because they seem to be really great at it! Thanks for sharing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment