Thursday, July 8, 2010

Post 11

I think its great that Ms. Cassidy took an opportunity where she got something for her classroom and tried to learn everything she could about technology so that she could help her students. She seems like a really dedicated teacher. It was so awesome to see the six year olds using computer and talking about blogs and wikis.

Ms. Cassidy used her computers as a center and had her students collaborate and make projects and write in blogs. I liked how she used wikis to help her students find out what traditions and rituals are.

I'm glad she talked about the legal forms that she had to use so that the kids could be seen on the blogs. I've wondered about what measures teachers take to protect their students.

Her attitude about technology was great! I think she's right about the blogs and the fact that students get excited about writing if they have an audience. I liked that she set up a program for other students to comment on her students' blogs.

3 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head Tyler, its all about attitude. A teacher who is open to using technology will be able to accomplish great things for and with their students. Ms. Cassidy is a perfect example of this. I agree she is extremely dedicated. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that Mrs. Cassidy used all the precautions before getting the kids involved in the classroom blogs, actually until you mentioned it, the forms sort of slipped my mind. I was really encouraged after watching how successful Mrs. Cassidy was with her students and the use of technology, because before this class I was completely nervous about using so much technology in my future classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler,
    I am a Secondary Ed major but it was so inspiring to watch first graders achieve so much in this video. Before this class, I never would have imagined any of this. I think it is great where education is going and that we can be apart of it. Legal forms and all, I think it will be a great learning experience for us and our students.

    ReplyDelete